Israel

Israel
ISRAEL - I'm looking south along the western edge of the Dead Sea (Toward TZ, which is about 2500 miles due south of Israel).

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Three more days . . .

Living in the moment is difficult when you're three days away from something that you've anticipated indirectly for six years and directly for six months.  That's pretty much where I find myself right now.  Africa looms large, filling my mind's eye, and tempting me to daydream instead of packing.  Today is another sermon-prep day.  Once I finish this post, I'll be studying 1 Corinthians 6 in preparation for one of the three messages I'll preach at the Gospel Furthering Fellowship youth conference, 8/8-10.

To my slight chagrin, Ethiopian Airlines has very obtuse carry-on policies.  I am allowed one (1) carry-on bag that may not weigh more 15 lbs or contain more than 2.5 oz of liquids, gels, or aerosols.  Well, once you pack my Bible, iPad, and laptop, you pretty-much have a 15 lb bag.  Have you ever lost your luggage?  I hope I don't lose mine, or I'll be wearing the same shirt for 12 days . . .

Thank you to all who are praying for my sermon preparation.  The Lord has been blessing in that area during the last 24 hrs. especially.  Pray for the youth who will be at the conference, that the Lord would do plow work in their hearts so that when the Word is preached it finds good soil.  S.D.G.

~ Nick

1 comment:

  1. You will be in our prayers on this trip. We will pray that the Lord will lead in your life and show you His will. Give a big hug to the Shipes for us.
    Love in Christ,
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete